1.08.2014

Snow

When Justin and I first started dating he decided to teach me to snowboard.  For any of you that have done this... it sucks.  I'm not going to sugarcoat it.  I fell over, and over, and over.  Flat on my behind.  In the ice.  Some may say snow, but no, in Washington we have ice.  Justin is by nature a great teacher! My coordination and grace is just too powerful for even the best teacher to overcome.   But by the end of the season I could at least make it down the run, not carving, but falling and riding heel side most of the way.  

Needless to say when we moved to Utah where it's "The Greatest Snow on Earth" I was pretty excited for snowboarding season.  I could fall in the fresh powder with no fear! Justin is always telling me that "confidence is half the battle" and I finally had a chance to build some.  So just after the first snows of the season we went to Snowbasin, which we had heard was awesome! No.  The snow/ ice was just as bad as Washington.  Where is this great snow I've heard so much about? Confidence... busted. The lodge, however, had amazing food!  So what the mountain was lacking, was made up for in the ammenities and the company of my husband.  He always knows how to make me laugh, even when I feel ridiculous hanging out with all the kiddos on the bunny hill.  Here's to next time Snowbasin!






 photo katiesig_zpsd27858c5.png

No comments:

Post a Comment